I got this letter from the Dean which includes the guidelines of study for the students of MBA. This is my favorite subject and while I have like everyone else, my own style, I have to do that within the boundaries of what the university prescribes.
So, here’s the guideline and I’ll add my notes to help my implement this in my own way.
Way to go. 🙂
UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF MANAGEMENT STUDIES
GURU GOBIND SINGH INDRAPRASTHA UNIVERSITY
DWARKA, DELHI-110078 (www.ipu.ac.in)
Dear Sir/Madam, Greetings!!!
I express my thanks to you for accepting our request to get associated with our MBA-Weekend Programme of USMS. In order to conduct this programme most effectively, certain norms have been decided by the School within the broad guidelines of the University. The details of the same for each semester are mentioned below which will act as guidelines for each faculty teaching the courses.
The evaluation of students in this course shall be continuous and dynamic. Each paper will carry a total weightage of 100 marks. This will comprise of:
- Internal evaluation – 40 marks (To be done by the teacher who is teaching the course)
- External evaluation – 60 marks
The Internal evaluation shall have the following distribution:
- Minor Test: 20 marks
- Presentations, Assignments, Class interaction, Attendance: 20 marks
In order to make delivery of the course more effective for the working professionals pursuing this course, it is strongly recommended that the teacher should integrate conventional class room teaching with Individual/group assignments, presentations, Term paper, and Case Studies, etc. Wherever possible, the teacher should give relevant exposure about software used in the subject area.
With the above guidelines, we all strongly believe that we would be able to ensure coverage of all aspects of teaching considered appropriate worldwide.
Examination Duties/Evaluation of answer sheets
• For the smooth functioning of the programme, teachers are requested to give examination duties at the time of final exams and also evaluate the answer sheets as required by the examination branch.
• All the teachers are requested to adhere to the timings of minor test and submit the marks and answer sheets within the timeframe given.
• The teachers are requested to take their classes as per time table schedule in the allotted room. In case, if any teacher is not able to take class, he/she is requested to inform the Coordinator of the programme, Dr Sanjay Dhingra in advance so that classes can be adjusted in time and the teacher on leave is required to take the class in adjusted time table.
• The teachers are requested to submit attendance of the students in the office (Room No 309) after the class and are also requested to fill the topics discussed in the class room in the register lying in the same room.
• Total delivery of the course will be of 42 hours (each class consists of 2.15 hours).
With your cooperation and working together, we can succeed in meeting and satisfying the aims and objectives of this innovative MBA -Weekend programmes at USMS.